Welcome to The ODI

The ODI is your #1 Source for TV and Movie Spoilers, News, Previews and More!!

The site is being updated daily. If you think you have a scoop, then please click on the following button or to browse the site use the drop down menu to select a subject.


New Henry Ian Cusick Interview

Hey All,
Our good friend Elena who runs the awesome Spanish LOST Website Lostzilla.net is in Oahu for a few days and was able to score an interview with fan favorite Henry Ian Cusick aka Desmond!

Here is the interview and you can hear the Spanish audio at Lostzilla. Also, it is translated from Spanish, so if there are any typos we apologize

NOTE: Minor spoilers about S6 and if Desmond will appear.

When the show's over, will you still be living in Hawaii?

Yes. (Laughs). Yes, I'm going to live here because my kids are in school, and we will live here. I came from England directly to Hawaii, and I don't want to go back there. If I left Hawaii, I'd have to move... maybe to LA, and I don't have a home there, I have nothing there. My life is here, I love it here. Then I can't ask you what will you miss when you leave...

Ask me, anyway!

What would you miss if you left?

The beach... the lifestyle... It's very slow, I like it. You can do a lot of sports. I go to the beach almost daily, I'm swimming or doing something outside. Here I've been more outdoors that I have ever been in my life. I'm always swimming, running, doing something. I have played more football now than in my whole life.

If the show could only solve one mystery, which one would you chose?

Just one? Well, it's got to be the island, no? What the island is. And why does it have those powers.

You don't know anything about season 6, right?

No, really. Well, a little, but...

Any big surprises, even if you can't tell us which ones?

Yeah. It starts out as it finishes. More or less.

Your favorite scene on the show?

That's a good question... My favorite scene... I don't know...

Or favorite episode.

Yeah, the season two finale. It's my favourite because it was when I arrived to Hawaii to do a big episode for me and I knew I was going to be a regular character, and I was happy. It was a fantastic time for me.

Fan's favorite episode is The Constant.

Well... Well. (laughs).

What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you while filming?

Wow... the funniest thing that's happened to me? I hate those kind of questions. I never remember jokes, I don't remember funny stories... I'd be horrible in an interview!

Best and worst part of having been in Lost?

The best for me, working in a show like Lost. It's a dream. I had always wanted to work here, in the States, and working in something this great is just wonderful and there's not much that's bad, really.

How would you like Desmond to end?

I don't know... I don't mind. If he dies, it's okay. If he doesn't, it's okay too. I'd like that he did something important, not just being there. There's a storyline in sixth season..

Do you already have an script with Desmond in it?
Yes.

Episode number...?

I can't tell you that. (He says it while showing us a finger wit the episode number, but I can't say it yet ;) Hence the laughter ).

What's your favorite location on the island?

I think it's Police Beach. North Haleiwa. Where the beachcamp is. I like that place, it was my first time on the set, it was a happy time, and we could see whales. It was fun.

Have you ever thought about directing or writing?

Yeah, I'm directing a shortfilm now, here in Hawaii, 30 minutes. It's called The Protector. Two actors, one man and one woman.

Will we be able to see it?

Only if it's good. If it's not...

What's the last movie you've seen?

The last movie I've seen... I saw one the other night. It's called Waltz with Bashir. It's an animation film.. It's very good. It's about the Lebanon war. Very fascinating. Very moving.

Classic question: if you were on a deserted island, what movie, book and CD would you take with you?

I have to think about that for a week! Off the top of my head... a movie... something uplifting, a comedy... Life of Brian. No. It's hard. Book... would be "How to survive on a deserted island". And music... The Pixies. Off the top of my head. But if I had more time, I'd give you a full list. The movie one is a good question, it's hard.

After Lost, what projects do you have?

Nothing. When it's over in March or April, nothing. I'll searching for a job.

Would you like to work in Spain?

Yes, I'd love to. I must learn spanish. I'd love to work in Spain, I'd love to work in Europe. I have never worked there and I'd love to work in european cinema.

What other TV shows do you watch?

Breaking Bad. Not much more, I don't watch TV, I see more movies than watch TV. But I like Breaking Bad very much.

If you could be any other character in any other TV show, which one would you choose?

Breaking Bad. (Laughs). I don't know. True Blood. You don't like it? It's good. It's interesting. Generation Kill. Have you seen it? But True Blood is good, it's fun.

If you were not an actor, what would you do?

I think right now I'd do something sport-related... Physical education, something outdoors.

The last question... If you had to recommend us somewhere to travel to, where would it be?

Hawaii. I don't think there's anywhere as beautiful as Hawaii. Scotland, PerĂº, Machu Pichu... Hawaii.

Source: Lostzilla