Welcome to The ODI

The ODI is your #1 Source for TV and Movie Spoilers, News, Previews and More!!

The site is being updated daily. If you think you have a scoop, then please click on the following button or to browse the site use the drop down menu to select a subject.


Episode 6x05 -- Good Shepherd

INTRO: Spare Chaynge


“I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think: was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is, ‘Who in the world am I? Ah, THAT'S the great puzzle!’”

- Alice, from Alice in Wonderland


I have probably said this in every other article I’ve written, but I must say it again. It amazes me to no end how well LOST is able to reference itself and spin around and into its own story. I believe it truly is the Ourboros of television shows if there was ever such a thing. Take for example the latest installment of season six, “The Lighthouse”, which once again reveals part of the tale of one of our most beloved survivors, Jack Shephard, in the new “flash-sideways” time-line.

Once more we have a character who is both the same, yet different. There are fundamental personality traits we have seen before, yet we are served them in a different kind of light. One might even say in this episode specifically that light is reflected. As Locke is to Rain, Jack is to Mirror, or more appropriately, the Looking Glass.


Jack has never been one to really enjoy taking a deeper peek inside himself. For the last five years we’ve seen him play the scientific hero, yet we’ve seen him lack inner faith. Instead of facing his inner demons, he’s tried to escape them or ignore them for some time now. Jack even once contemplated suicide. He has served as a reflection of his own father both in his occupation and in his method of coping with the rest of what life has shown him.

However in this newest tale it would seem that down is starting to look as if it is turning up for Jack and his ability to see himself for who he truly is.



Share